The Muse has been taking a nap. For about three weeks now. Long even by her standards.
From what my artist friends and I have learned over the years:
1) It happens, but is never permanent
2) There are ways to kick-start the Muse back into forward motion
3) Keep doing stuff-e-v-e-r-y d-a-y, now more than ever
O.k. number (3) appears at first glance to be impossible. Didn't I just type that the Muse is asleep? Inspiration ain't in the 'hood? I got nada?
Exactly when # (3) is my new best friend, boring as I may first experience her. Below is my own short list of ideas that fall under the category of "keep doing stuff".
- Take an art class; workshops are on-line even, so I have no excuses
- Do mindless prep work while watching re-runs of my favorite sci-fi series on Netflix--actually I LOVE doing this one!
- Go see art exhibits; they're on-line too these days, so, again, no excuses
- Go to the movies, yes!
And having typed that last one, I'm off to see Star Trek for the second time on the big screen. Wake up, Muse, we got work to do!