Sunday, July 26, 2026

 

Me channeling my inner Tick. Image taken by Brian Gibson

I can’t quite let go of S.D. Comic Con. Today’s the last day of 2026, pre-hype for 2027 is gearing up, I enjoyed it again this year, albeit remotely. I imagine the folks hung-over from last night’s massive “party”. Vendors are giving swag away like crazy so they don’t have to pack it up and haul it to wherever they go next. I love the memories and do not miss the crowds. Congratulations to the organizers for once again hosting an amazing, safe, art & culture event that pulls folks to our fine city from all over the world. Harbor will be back open late this afternoon, so if you have the energy, take a drive and a close look at the wrapped buildings. Sky-high eye-candy. The unwrap begins this evening.


The World is STILL Run by Those Who Show Up

And it’s informed by those who share/answer surveys

Now until August 7th, the County of San Diego wants your input on the newly-funded County film office. They actually want to hear from us before they start spending money…what a concept!

Please take the survey at https://qualtricsxm66fkrhrdb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbCtYeLJMhOMidU

Now through July 30, Inspired by III: Artist books by yours truly. I’m taking it all down this Friday around 10 am.

Rancho San Diego Library 11555 Via Rancho San Diego, 92019

July 30th  2026


August 6 and August 7, 2026 from magnificent paste paper to artist's books at Front Porch Gallery   FREE

2903 Carlsbad Blvd. Carlsbad, CA 92008 (760) 795-6120                    

Our August hot weather is perfect for this. Join me to make paste paper masterpieces. What is it? Just one of the oldest (and best) paper decorating techniques, ever. My approach to making the colored paste is beyond easy. No cooking required: you can truly do this anywhere (how about at the beach?

I provide materials, tools and ideas. You bring an apron to protect your clothes, and more ideas.  Call the Gallery by August 1st to reserve a spot: (760) 795-6120

August 7, 2026   Make Your Own Paste Paper artist Book at Front Porch Gallery   FREE

2903 Carlsbad Blvd. Carlsbad, CA 92008 (760) 795-6120

I’ll demonstrate two artist’s book formats. You will use the paper you decorated on Thursday to produce books so original that they scream “I. Made. This!!!”

Not able to attend the class on Thursday the 6th, but still want to make artist’s books? No worries, I’ll provide materials, tools and ideas. Pre-registration with Front Porch Gallery is required (760) 795-6120


August 8, 2026 12-4pm Celebrate SPAM Musubi Day at one of L & L Hawaiian BBQ locations in the County. They are giving away FREE SPAM Musubi while supplies last. You will need to have the chain’s app. to get this freebie.






No comments:

Post a Comment