Sunday, August 23, 2026

 

Sometimes bad things happen to good art. I’ve been reminded of this because it’s fire season in San Diego County. Fire is very bad for Artist’s Books. The assemblage art, back row center, titled What Were They Thinking? went up in smoke when the 2007 Witch Creek Fire passed through North San Diego County.

Flooding is quite bad for Artist’s Books, too. The entire Comic Con Ephemera on the left---books within books within books---melted to pulp in the Northfield, IL flood.

I miss those pieces and several others lost in the Altadena fire. I’m still alive, so I make more. They’re not the same, but they fill the gap.



The World is Run by Those Who Show Up, Speak Up             

September 3, 2026 at 1:30 p.m. Third meeting of the County Arts Initiative Subcommittee. This subcommittee is charged with creating the policy and procedural infrastructure for the County’s budgeted ($2.17 million/year) support of artists and programming. Your input is important. Join the meeting. Speak up.

Meeting location: 1600 Pacific Hwy, Room 402A, San Diego, CA 92101

Phone: +1 669 444 9171 
Webinar ID: 834 2915 3638

 

September 15, 1-3p.m San Diego County District 2 Community Roundtable hosted by East County Arts Association FREE

Location: East County Arts Association, 124 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92020

September 17, 11-1300 Meeting of the full County Arts and Culture Commission at 1600 Pacific Highway, room 402. Or via Zoom.

https://sdcounty-ca-gov.zoom.us/j/83520525968?pwd=dOQdjF1DZoeUor5C1GMysgx7P9BOuL.1#success

Webinar ID: 835 2052 5968

Making more. How about that?

Have A good week. Stay Cool.






 

                                                                                                                               

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment