Sunday, September 20, 2026

Joining D2 Taxpayer Advocate Andrew Hayes 


I am so convinced that the world is run by those who show up that I dedicate a section of this blog to "show up" suggestions. This past week The office of District 2 County Supervisor Joel Anderson held an artists' discussion round-table, hosted by the East County Arts Association https://eastcountyart.org. And folks "showed up". I was astounded by the exchange of ideas, commitment and collaboration. I know a few cynics who think that a room of people sitting around talking about change are not creating change. I beg to disagree. At the heart of activism are people who talk, and who listen to each other. I hope to experience more events like this one. I encourage everyone to show up and be the change.

The World is Run by Those Who Show Up                                                                                        

September 23, 4-6p.m. In Community District 5, Oceanside Public Library (Civic Center/Pacific Coast Highway branch)

The 2 candidates running for the open D5 Supervisor seat will be there to take questions about arts and culture funding in San Diego County. Yee-ha!!!

Address: 330 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054
Room: Community Room FREE  RSVP today:     https://bit.ly/InCommunity_District5_Sept23_RSVP


  • Oct 20, 2026 -Oct 22, 2026 
    Arts Schools Network 2026 Conference ~ San Diego, California

    presented by The Arts Schools Network  Connect with arts education leaders from across the country at the Arts Schools Network Conference, the premier national gathering dedicated to innovation, excellence, and leadership in arts learning. 

  • https://www.asnconference.org/




Where I'll Be Teaching
October 9, 2026, 1130-1330

Tunnel Books: From Flat to Three Dimensions

Front Porch Gallery https://www.frontporchgallery.org/

FREE, but you must pre-register at the Front Porch Gallery website. Link is above.

March 20 and 21, 2027

Woven Spines

Art and Soul Mixed Media retreat in Portland, OR

A book’s spine is usually designed to hold everything together. But what happens when the spine itself becomes a beautiful and visible part of the artwork?

https://www.artandsoulretreat.com/portland-spring-2027/workshops/7325




 

No comments:

Post a Comment